- Take oregano in dishes on a regular basis can help increase the body's immune system against diseases.
- Compounds thymol and carvacol contained in this herb is beneficial in helping to smooth the process of digestion and treat stomach disturbance.
- During menstruation, chew some fresh oregano leaves can help relieve pain and tension in the stomach and hips.
- Oil content in fresh oregano leaves have antibacterial and antiviral properties. In fact, mash leaves are also very useful for treating skin diseases as it acts as a powerful antiseptic.
- Oregano also has properties that can soothe and help the body during sleep.
"Oregano is one of the world's finest natural medicines, its power lying in the oil found in its leaves."
Oregano as a medicine:
- Oil of oregano helps in the reduction of tooth pain. In fact, when poured into the cavity of the tooth, it acts as an analgesic.
- Oil of oregano is also a powerful fungicide and can be used to treat fungus and yeast infections, especially systemic, chronic, or recurrent fungus infection and yeast infection caused by Candida albicans intestinal yeast overgrowth (Candidiasis).
- Oregano can also help alleviate intestinal disorders commonly associated with Candidiasis including Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), Fibromyalgia, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), leaky gut syndrome, and a number of intestinal parasite and bacterial infections.
- Historically, oil of oregano superseded anti-inflammatory drugs in reversing pain and inflammation and is nearly as powerful as morphine as a painkiller. Externally, oregano leaves can be pounded into a paste. Add small amounts of hot water or tea to reach the desired consistency (oatmeal may also be added to thicken it if needed). This paste can then be used to relieve pain from rheumatism, swelling, itching, aching muscles, and sores.
- Oil of oregano can also provide immediate help for bee stings and venomous bites until medical attention can be reached.
- For tired joints and muscles, put a handful of oregano leaves in a coffee filter, mesh bag, or cheesecloth bag and run steaming bath water over it. Allow it to steep in the tub with you as you relax in the warm, fragrant water.
- Oil of oregano also has even been suggested as a treatment for dandruff, diaper rash, and other skin disorders.
Oregano Shoot Close-up
Oregano PowderOregano has been said to be helpful in cases of:
- Digestion, parasites, despression, flu, constipation, rashes, brain fog, lung fungus, toe and fingernail fungus, head lice, aching joints and muscles, warts, athlete's foot
- Eczema, flu, headaches, toothaches, ear infection, fevers, allergies, burns, bleeding, fatigue, arthrities, sprains, back pain, colds
- Lyme disease, canker sores, gastrointestinal / colitis / diarrhea, E. coli - and try it for whatever else bothers you. All of oregano's attributes have yet to be fully explored.
- When sprayed, oregano cleans the air, kill fleas, and kills bugs on plants.
"Oregano is usually thought of as a culinary herb, yet its medicinal properties have been understood and used for thousands of years. But beware: The related herbs thyme and marjoram sold in most North American supermarkets are often mislabeled as oregano and it do not possess oregano's miraculous healing properties."