some of the plant names that is easy to grow which will brighten up your gardens, living rooms and even your aquarium. More article on this topic will be disscuss later in another post which detailed more on each of the listed plant. Now, let's begin with some easy to grow houseplants.
How to Select an Easy to Grow Plant
We are talking about easy to grow plants (hardy plants), but what are the characteristics that one should look for when choosing easy to grow plants? Well, you need to look for a robust plant that does not mind a bit of neglect and fair amount of care from the gardener. You should look for the following characteristics when looking for easy to grow plants:
- These plants do not mind a bit of neglect like forgetting to water them sometimes.
- They can tolerate low light or shade for some time period.
- They are resistant to diseases and pests.
- They require less or no pruning, pinching or primping.
- They can grow in dry climate.
- In case of easy to grow flowering plants, they do not require special care to help them bloom.
Easy to Grow Houseplants
It is not very difficult to grow houseplants if you follow some basic guidelines related to water, light, fertilizer and getting a suitable pot for container gardening. Below are some of the easy to grow houseplants that need just a little bit of tender care and will even survive if you neglect them slightly:
- Snake Plants also called Mother-in-Law's Tongue
- Spider Plants
- Aloe Vera
- Christmas Cactus
- Cast Iron Plants
- Dieffenbachia or Dumb Cane
- Peace Lily
- Ponytail Palms
- Pothos also called Devil's Ivy
- Rubber Plant
- Fiddleleaf Fig
- Arrowhead Vine